Updated September 18, 2005
HOME PAGE > PLAY ONLINE > SETTINGS
Welcome to play online with BOD !
Here is the method to play online with BOD.
1/ You must configure your character, an Amazon called BIGTRUCK1 for example.
- Choose GAME in the main menu, then ARENA.
- Choose PLAYER CONFIGURATION to set the character you want to play with.
- Choose a name for your player (BIGTRUCK1 is my name in this example), then save it. You can set the skin ( 3 options ) and the level (1 to 4 ) of your character in this menu.
Now, two options: you want to joint an arena, or you want to open your own arena and waiting for others players to joint it.
2 - a / If your friend has opened an arena, called MY ARENA and which IP is: 111.222.333.444 (for example). He must give you his IP before playing of course and now you want to join:
- Write the IP as in the pictures below, select Search and wait a few seconds. Don't forget to type the dots between the numbers of the IP.
- If your friend has opened his arena at the correct address IP, you should have the name of his arena after a few seconds in the listing (MY ARENA in this example).
- The name of the Arena appears, select it, wait a few seconds and you will be ready to fight.
- Now your enemy is here and ready for you... Have fun !
2 - b / If you want to open your own arena, called MY ARENA (for example). You must know your IP and give it to your friends. Take care that if your IP is dynamic (changes at each of your connections to internet), you must check it before in page PLAY ONLINE, and after you can give it to your friends.
- Choose a name for your Arena, in this example MY ARENA.
- Choose a map in which you will fight, the map Arena8 in this example. You can't choose all the maps you want but the only ones that have been developped to be played in multiplayer mode. These maps are located in C:\Codemasters\Severance\Maps, like the others maps. According of the version of the game you have (european or US), the folder Severance can be replaced by Blade of Darkness, but it is the same way to install in the two cases.
- If you have not still Arena8, go at the page PLAY ONLINE to know how to get and install it.
- To be sure that a map is selected, a brown frame flashes around the thumbnail. Press Enter, the frame becomes static and the map is selected. Press Enter again and you de-select it. You can select more than one map, use the arrows Left and Right of your keyboard for that.
- And now select START, wait a few seconds. The map loads and you are ready. You will see the camera flying around the map, you are in waiting mode.
- Once a partner will join the Arena, you will be ready to fight with him... Have fun !!